This was part of a presentation to migrate a complex health-care app from 300 server-side JSP pages to an ExtJS UI (React forerunner). Description of each slide -
- Current JSP state
- JSP issues of multiple controllers ("SAVE" buttons)
- JSP issues of data duplication in each module
- Add two new modules using ExtJS, Diagnosis and Provider
- Data is now stored on client-side
- Migrate JSP pages (Member, SOE, Procedure) to client data source
- End result is singular data source and single SAVE procedure.
I and another consultant worked on this proposal for three months and it's deceptively simple. We had a dozen competing proposals to research, real business requirements to define, understand the current application and its deficiencies, tool approvals, animosity between the architect team and development team, etc. I was the primary advocate for final approval of this $4 million makeover and worked with the development team for six months building it.